7 reason why twitter is a game changing platform in digital marketing
- October 31, 2018
- Digital Marketing
Twitter is a platform where people come to discover ‘What’s happening’.
With an average of over 330 million twitter logins by active users in 2018, Twitter for business is a growing social media platform that you should highly consider essential for the growth of your business.
Everywhere around the world- from small to large scale businesses, everyone is using Twitter to reach out to a bigger target audience. Time and again, in the sales and marketing world, Twitter has proven to be an excellent tool for generating revenue and engagement especially when it comes to businesses. As a proven fact to consider, it costs very less to market any product on Twitter and growing commitment for business.
Let us now come to emphasise the seven key points why Twitter is essential for Businesses and how they can benefit from it.
- Connect & Relate to your Customers: Twitter is the best place to look for Potential customers and making connections with people that caters to a niche market or a specific location. Not just that, it helps connecting with existing customers and interacting with them and also knowing more about how a business or brand is being perceived in the market. You can also build a community through Twitter Chats and have discussions with customers as well as influencers. This, in turn, create a positive relationship and results in growing your business.
Pro Tip: Sending a personal message to your potential customer after they follow you is a great way to increase trust and appreciation for your business.
- Keep an Eye on the Competition: Twitter’s Open Communication allows you to listen to customer feedback and complaints which they share publicly with your competitors. Tools like Twitter Search can be a great way to check and compare your reputation and activities with your competitors. Keeping an eye on the competitors makes it very easy to plan your marketing strategies and avoid any mistakes.
Pro Tip: Use Tools like Hootsuite, Mention or contact a Digital Marketing Agency to plan and compile data for you which reduce the time to complete this research process. Use it as a secret weapon for business’ success.
- Conduct Free Market Research: Twitter is a quick, easy and inexpensive platform to collect feedbacks, opinions, generate ideas, gain information about and insights from the desired core audience for your business. You can obtain reports and real-time data that can help analyse, shape strategies, form ideas and opinions. People feel valued if asked for views, which will benefit you as a business because you will listen to your audience.
Pro Tip: You can Introduce your product or service on Twitter, create a custom hashtag and ask for feedback.
- Smart Recruiting: The best part about Twitter is, it can be used to hire talents for your business. About 54% of companies are using Twitter to recruit, and 74% of talented hires come from social networks. In addition to it, 29% of job seekers ask for advice on Twitter. Twitter can be a great channel to recruit the most active and talented agencies or companies to work for your business and promote to your business’ growth.
Pro Tip: Using “hashtags of #jobs, #jobsearch and #[your place] helps to find people to work for you on Twitter.
- Best Marketing Platform: It is no wonder how Twitter can help to build brand awareness, convert potential customers into buyers, promote a new product or an event, build media relation for your business and many more. Keeping your customers and potential customers updated and engaged is the key to good marketing. Twitter tools like Twitter Analytics gives you an insight about how your social activities, in turn, affects your ROI Not only Twitter is limited to promoting products and articles, and it can be used to share valuable content from around the web.
Pro Tip: Google indexes the tweets which are best used for search engine optimisation to rank your website in Google Search and reach users from around the globe alleviating the distance barrier.
- Drive Website Traffic: Studies show that 47% of your profile visitor also visit your website through Twitter. This is a proven fact how Twitter can drive traffic to your business from all over the world. Sharing new and engaging content on Twitter will position you as a credible source of information and will get you loyal followers and customers to your business
Pro Tip: You can use tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, BuzzSumo or even outsource an agency to share content or curated content on your website and build engaging traffic
- Boost your Reach with the Magic of Hashtags: If you never knew what hashtags were actually for, you are in the right place to learn about it. Hashtags categorise content on social media. The art and science of using hashtags on Twitter have progressed significantly in the past few years. Using proper and relevant hashtags ensures as many followers see your content or even make it run viral. Hashtags help potential users find you effortlessly through the content you shared, and in turn helps you find influencers and others who share a common interest for your business.
Pro Tip: Be more specific with your hashtags to reach more of your target audience. Say, you have baby products to sell, so instead of using #parents, which can be of all ages, use hashtags #newmom to target your specific audience.
All of these above reasons prove that Twitter has long been a huge game changer in the social media and online marketing world and all businesses should undoubtedly use it. Plus, it’s never too late to start!
Leave a Comment